The Learning Center
AKA... The Blog
AKA... The Blog
With the spring and summer seasons quickly approaching, many homeowners will be looking for ways to improve their homes. And what better place to find everything you need than at your local hardware store? Hardware stores can be an excellent resource for those who love DIY projects, but they don’t always know where to turn when they need something specific. With a bit of help from digital marketing, hardware stores can reach out to potential customers and help them find what they need.
There are a few things that hardware store owners can do to make sure that their business is attracting those springtime renovators:
1. Use social media to reach out to potential customers. Platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram offer great opportunities for hardware stores to connect with their target audiences. You should be creating content that is spring and summer-themed. Have your content show off your gardening and lawn care supplies since those are things most homeowners care about most around this time of year. Look for ways to advertise new deals on social media and interact with your customers through comment sections and potential giveaways.
2. Create a website that is user-friendly and informative. In today’s digital age, potential customers are likely to turn to the internet when they need information about products or services. By creating a website that is easy to navigate and provides helpful information, hardware stores can make a good impression on potential customers and encourage them to visit the store in person.
3. Use search engine optimization (SEO) to ensure that potential customers can find the store online. When people search for products or services online, they typically use keywords or phrases. By optimizing the website for these keywords, hardware stores can improve their chances of appearing in search results and being found by potential customers. You can create a landing page dedicated to products you want to sell more of for the next few months. Landing pages can be easily optimized with the right keywords. Target the keywords that your customers are most likely to use so that your website is one of the first ones they see.
4. Run online ads that target potential customers in the local area. Platforms like Google AdWords allow businesses to specifically target ads to people searching for products or services in the local area. This can be a great way to reach potential customers who may not know the hardware store otherwise.
5. Take advantage of programmatic advertising and geofencing. Geofencing lets you place ads in front of people who have entered a particular area that you have marked digitally. Once a user goes through this area, their device will begin to receive ads for your business. This can mark off plant nurseries and gardening sections of competitor hardware stores. These consumers will be looking for gardening supplies already, so why not remind them that you are in the area.
By using these digital marketing strategies, hardware stores can reach out to potential customers and help them find what they need. With a bit of help from technology, hardware stores can attract new business and keep existing customers coming back for more.
If you’re ready to kickstart some springtime marketing, Titan Digital is here to help. Contact our office today to get started.